A very dull day for the market as the major indices creeped up through the afternoon just to give everything back in the last 30 minutes of trade and close flat. Volume was well below average once again.
Thankfully, the blogosphere and web was full of great reads today:
- A Few Quick Reminders Why NOTHING Has Been Fixed In Europe (And Why LTRO 3 Is Not Coming) (ZeroHedge)
- Hunger Games Giving Lions Gate (LGF) a Major Lift (Market Montage)
- Why Using P/E Ratios Can Be Misleading (TBP)
- Done Deal: Zynga Gets “Draw Something” Phenom By Acquiring OMGPOP for $210 Million (TechCrunch)
- NFL Hammers Saints for Bounty Scandal (WSJ)
- IBD 50’s Top 5 Hidden Gems In Lowly Industry Groups (IBD)
Also a heads up, FOX Business Network has an interesting special airing tomorrow at 8 PM EST, The Willis Report: Gas Price Shock which will “explore the rising cost of gas and oil in the United States. Willis will examine the key influences causing the spike in gas prices and enlist a panel of experts to offer solutions.” I have set my DVR to record and am interested to see what viewpoint ultimately comes out favored. High gas prices have fueled the demand for green technologies over the last few years, and considering that we are coming off our warmest year on record, I am an advocate for thinking GREEN with our future.
Stay frosty out there.