Happy Saturday everyone. With the Q1 2013 survey now completed I wanted to share the results. 🙂
First off, we had a record number of readers participated this time around, 317, which is over 100 more than last quarter. There are over 16,000 subscribers to our Market Recaps, and on average about 2,500 of you read them each day. So, I am pleased with a 12.7% reach. Thank you!
Next, subscriber growth quarter over quarter was an impressive +1,586 subscribers (16,318 vs 14,732), or about 17 new subscribers per day. This is strong growth and I want to keep it up. Our market recap has a very low unsubscribe rate and I know many of you forward on the recaps and recommend the site to friends and family, thank you for your continued support!
Lastly, the StockTradingToGo Facebook fan page has grown in size, adding 164 Likes during the first quarter 2013. As of this post we currently have 745 fans on Facebook. If you are not a fan of StockTradingToGo on Facebook yet, then like us right now!
Opening facts aside, lets dive into the survey itself:
This is exactly what we want to see, tons of 8s, 9s, and 10s! We took your feedback to heart from last quarter’s survey, and I am very pleased to know you all agree with our renewed efforts. The average scores for these three categories are below:
- Commentary = 8.6 (last quarter 7.9)
- Chart Analysis = 8.9 (last quarter 8.4)
- Overall = 8.8 (last quarter 8.2)
Pretty clear to you readers first and foremost you readers enjoy the daily market index (S&P 500, NASDAQ) chart updates most. Next, the individual charts and commentary. Thereafter, the opening speed market summary. Finally, the misc market facts and data we randomly share throughout the week are in a distant fourth as far as favorites go.
Question #3 is always an optional, open ended feedback area for ideas, comments, and feedback on how we can improve. This quarter we had 83 total responses. These are always tough because there are so many different thoughts (which is great!), however we also understand that we will never make everyone happy.
Below I have addressed some of the more broad comments and themes. We thank you very much for your feedback, and hopefully this helps some readers understand why we do what we do:
- We do not make stock picks. While we do trade ourselves, our goal is to share a variety of neutral information and allow you to make your own decisions. Among other reasons, as a free newsletter, we have no current interest in maintaining track records, tracking calls, fielding subscriber comments, and being a hero or hated for making picks, etc. With that said, if you like our chart analysis and would like stock picks, consider Dan Zanger’s nightly newsletter, it is one of my favorites.
- We do not make market predictions. Instead, we state the facts, and react accordingly to what the market does thereafter. If we knew which way the market was heading every day we’d all be rich. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and neither us nor Warren Buffett can predict the market day in day out.
- Recommendations for more advanced technical analysis alongside less advanced analysis. Wait what? Yes, some of you would like us to go more in depth, while others make requests to get less detailed and simplify further. We have every type of investor, from professionals to first timers reading the market recaps, so our current content is a happy median to satisfy the majority.
- We cover US indices only. While we would love to expand and cover international markets each day, this is simply not possible at this time. This includes forex, futures, etc. Sometimes we will update the US dollar or make comments on these topics, but it is more rare. I apologize for this but appreciate all of you living outside of the US who still read each day. Thank you for your support!
- More commentary vs less commentary. This is similar to recommendations on more or less technical analysis. We have a wide spectrum readership, thus the current flow is what we have found to be the happy median. Plus, between you and me, I can’t stand overly lengthy commentary. I am an avid KISS, keep it simple stupid, believer.
Thank you all again for participating in our quarterly survey. Your feedback helps to ensure we continue to provide the absolute best content possible on a nightly basis.
Also, thank you for reading StockTradingToGo, thank you for supporting the site, and I bid you a successful second quarter of trading. Cheers!