“Quick note from Blain: The last day for the $1000 off discount for Mark Minervini’s Master Trader Workshop is TOMORROW, Sunday, July 20th. Due to the success of Mark’s book the Workshop is nearly sold out already, but we have several seats set aside so if you want to go, now is your chance to sign up!”
Happy Saturday everyone. With the Q2 2013 survey now completed and tallied, I can share the results. Let’s dive in.
This is exactly what we like to see, lots of 8s, 9s, and 10s. The average scores for these three categories are below which are identical to Q1’s positive results:
- Commentary = 8.7 (last quarter 8.6)
- Chart Analysis = 9.0 (last quarter 8.9)
- Overall = 8.8 (last quarter 8.8)
I always knew StockTradingToGo (STTG) had a diverse readership, yet I was not aware we had a strong base of more frequent traders. In the StockBrokers.com 2013 Online Broker Review, active traders are defined as those who make atleast 120 trades each year.
Overall, I am pleased to see a diverse community of investors reading the site. About 50% of survey respondents place over 50 trades each year, and 50% place less than 50 trades each year.
Question #3 is always an optional, open ended area for ideas, general comments, and feedback on how we can improve. This quarter we had 69 total responses. These are always tough because of the diversity of praise and constructive criticism.
As I do each quarter, below I have addressed some of the more broad comments and themes. We thank you very much for your feedback, and hopefully this helps some readers understand why we do what we do:
- We do not make stock picks. While we do trade ourselves, our goal is to share a variety of neutral information and allow you to make your own decisions. Among other reasons, as a free newsletter, we have no current interest in maintaining track records, tracking calls, fielding subscriber comments, and being a hero or hated for making picks, etc. With that said, if you like our chart analysis and would like stock picks, consider Dan Zanger’s nightly newsletter, it is one of my favorites.
- We do not make market predictions. Instead, we state the facts, and react accordingly to what the market does thereafter. If we knew which way the market was heading every day we’d all be rich. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and neither us nor Warren Buffett can predict the market day in day out.
- Recommendations for more advanced technical analysis alongside less advanced analysis. Wait what? Yes, some of you would like us to go more in depth, while others make requests to get less detailed and simplify further. We have every type of investor, from professionals to first timers reading the market recaps, so our current content is a happy median to satisfy the majority.
- We cover US indices only. While we would love to expand and cover international markets each day, this is simply not possible at this time. This includes forex, futures, etc. Sometimes we will update the US dollar or make comments on these topics, but it is more rare. I apologize for this but appreciate all of you living outside of the US who still read each day. Thank you for your support!
- More commentary vs less commentary. This is similar to recommendations on more or less technical analysis. We have a wide spectrum readership, thus the current flow is what we have found to be the happy median. Plus, between you and me, I can’t stand overly lengthy commentary. I am an avid KISS, keep it simple stupid, believer.
Thank you all again for participating in our quarterly survey. Your feedback helps to ensure we continue to provide the absolute best content possible on a nightly basis.
Also, thank you for reading StockTradingToGo, thank you for supporting the site, and I bid you a successful third quarter of trading. Cheers!