Since announcing our transition to a once per week market recap last week, readers have been writing in asking us for recommendations for alternative free daily market recaps.
While our new Weekly Market Recaps (read the first edition) are a fantastic once per week report that covers everything you need to know, here are seven recommendations for websites providing quality free daily market recaps:
- Yahoo Finance – I stop by Yahoo Finance multiple times each day to see what the major headlines are. There isn’t a formal “recap” posted there, but it is a great source for identifying the focus headline news of the day.
- Investors.com – Almost always features a speed summary of the major market news of the day. Investors.com is the home base for Investors Business Daily (IBD) paper.
- Scott Redler at T3Live – Scott does morning and post market video summaries. This is a favorite of our staff writer Mark Hanna. Lot’s of charts, minimal written commentary.
- Benzinga – Benzinga just recently started producing, “The Market in 5 Minute” posts which are good detailed summaries of the market news and action. Lot’s of data and links, minimal charts.
- WSJ – The Wall Street Journal “Markets” section includes a good synopsis of the day’s major market headlines alongside deeper pieces on finance topics in general. Market summaries are sprinkled throughout the day.
- CNBC – Includes everything from market headlines to market summaries throughout the day.
- Bloomberg – It’s Bloomberg, need I say more? That said, readers should keep in mind Bloomberg is more internationally focused.
While the above sites are great resources for keeping an eye on the daily market action, remember the StockTrader.com weekly market summaries are a fantastic once a week post each Sunday. You can sign up for free email updates using the subscribe box on the right sidebar or below any post.
Are there any other sites or newsletters beyond this list you would recommend for reading free daily market recaps? Email me and let me know, blain (AT) stocktrader (DOT) com.