After hundreds of hours of work the new site design for StockTradingToGo is officially live!
If you have any problems with the new design please email us or leave a comment below. Also share your feedback! What do you think of the new site?
Some of the major highlights include:
- Brand New Homepage – we now feature over 80 posts instead of just 8. You have to see it to believe it.
- Simplified Navigation – What used to be three main navigation menus has been consolidated into just four links, yes four.
- Two blogs instead of one – Now the site is broken into two main blogs, Stock News & Analysis and Stock Education. Both of these are featured prominently on the new homepage complete with “popular posts” for each.
- Email Posts – Enjoy the post or article you are reading? Then email it to a colleague or family member!
- Tagging by Stock Ticker – Tracking your favorite stock on the site has never been easier. Each post now tags the ticker of all stocks mentioned so you can simply click the tag to view ALL posts on that stock. Take for example AAPL, GOOG, and USO.
- Tag Cloud – Bottom of the sidebar see what are the most popular tags on the site currently.
- EPIC Insights all issues – On the homepage simply click the “EPIC Insights” tab under Stock News & Analysis to read any current or previous issue of Sean Hannon’s weekly market newsletter.
- Most Popular Posts – On the sidebar you can now see what the most popular posts are for the last several days sitewide. We also offer the “Author’s Choice” which are our current staff favorites.
- Comments are back – While there were many reasons we stopped allowing comments, bottom line they are now back so feel free to leave a comment (note some previous posts may still have comments turned off).
- Easier Access to the Forum – The stock forum can now be found on the homepage and via pull down menu on every individual page as well. Join over 5,600 registered members and talk stocks with the community 24/7.
- Broker Center – on the sidebar you will now find our brand new broker center.
- Improved Site Search – We’ve implemented Google Search to make searching the site far more effective. Search by ticker, key word, or phrase to find the most relevant information on STTG.
- Stock Terms Alphabet – Our stock term definitions area already houses over 400 different terms and will only continue to grow. At the bottom of each page simply click any letter to pull up all the words starting with that letter (note: cosmetics will be updated for the new design later in the week).
- Professional Services – Still under development but with time this page will house a list of professional money managers and their contact information. All managers will be checked by STTG staff for audited performance records, etc.
Our designer Adarsh from pallian.com did a fantastic job incorporating all of our ideas and was a great pleasure to work with. All in all we are very excited about the future of the StockTradingToGo brand and hope you enjoy the new site.
Please leave feedback below, thanks!